Thursday, October 4, 2012

4 October 2012 -- Journal Log

Scooter's Journal Log
Earth Date Thursday, 4 October 2012

got up early and met with Peter and London Leena at 9 am – Irshad and Lena wanted a day off • took cab to IKEA so as not to have to face many Subway connections • we had breakfast at the IKEA Café and then I had lunch • during lunch, I witnessed a knock-down, dragged-out brawl between women who were angry an older couple had taken their table in the café • we shopped and shopped and shopped


I got a new mattress and a bunch of lamps on sale for my flat so I can finally sleep in the bed and not get headaches from the overhead lighting • Peter and Leena left early by separate cab as each of us had way too much stuff to fit with all of us in the cab • I went to order my stuff for delivery where here, unlike in America, they will box up all of your purchases and deliver them for you all in one step • then I walked to the subway which was a lot further than I thought because I didn't want to have to pay for the cab fare home by myself – split three ways is was only 25 CN 元 ($3.98) but home I would have had to pay the full 75 to 100 CN 元 myself • took the subway home • had dinner and worked on my journal which I am really trying to get all caught up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment