Tuesday, September 4, 2012

4 September 2012 -- Journal Log

Scooter's Journal Log
Earth Date 4 September 2012

taught classes • was asked to sign certificate book by several more students • had lunch with 大 Jarrod • taught all classes • after a day of intro and course policies, I am now actually teaching!!!

Unexpected Gifts
Of course, last year, I kept hearing about a nearly unending supply of gifts being showered upon the BNDS faculty. Well, this morning, I arrived back from class to find a huge bag of office supplies in my chair. The bag contained: file boxes, notebook, highlighters, tape. binder clips [light blue, pink, pale yellow, sea foam green), glue stick, liquid glue, smiley-face magnets, mini pencil sharpener, red and black Uniball® fine points and red refill, paper clips, post-it notes, soft eraser, staples, and a pencil. It was really quite amazing. I am not used to such fantastic treatment. It was like a birthday present for the person setting up their new office. It was just so much fun!



Lap Tops for Teachers
All last week there was a rumor that we were going to receive brand new lap tops from the school to use. Well, today, the rumor became a reality as they distributed a brand new Lenovo lab top to each teacher! Given that I have been iPad (exclusive) for a few years, I barely knew what to do with it, but it will be great to have it and use it at work since I can plug into the ethernet more reliably than running my iPad over the wireless network.

met with and coordinated with my Chinese counterpart, Brian who will teach four of my classes on Wednesday and one on Thursday in anticipation of the students preparing for their Friday quizzes • I found out that I and others would be teaching in the National program, I AP Chem • on the way home, I ran into compatriots at little sidewalk cafe across from Qin Shan Shui • stopped and shared a sweet iced tea with them • went home and found notice taped to door – no idea what it says or means • played Draw Something via VPN • worked on journal • prepped for classes • went to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment