Friday, September 7, 2012

7 September 2012 -- Journal Log

Scooter's Journal Log
Earth Date 7 September 2012

normal school day • gave first set of quizzes •  BNDS gave us our choice of beautiful house plants to take home to our flats or to keep in our cubicles • as well as three special moon cakes in anticipation of National Teacher Appreciation Day next Monday

Sad News from the USA
Originally, I had plans to go to the movies after school, but those plans evaporated unfortunately because I waited too long to solidify them and have no way of communicating with my colleagues to make alternate plans happen, therefore I went home, which is unfortunate because then I fired up the www and accessed my Facebook® account only to find out that one of my former students had died a few days earlier. This made me instantly depressed. It is a long and complicated story best reserved for those who know more details than I wish to share or dwell upon. Suffice it to say that it was devastating news, the kind one prefers never to receive. Of course, finding out via Facebook® makes one want to instantly delete the account. Who cares, in this case, if one shoots the messenger? On the other hand, apparently, I might never have found out any other way. So better this way. Better to know then to not know, and yet knowing is so painful and sad. There is only one way forward, and that is to stop and contemplate all of the good in his life and not to dwell on the events in between. Which I did, and I tried to sleep and to keep the good memories alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment